PRE-SEA TRAINING COURSE FOR GENERAL PURPOSE (GP) RATINGS
The duration of the Pre-Sea Training Course For General Purpose Ratings is 6 months. The course is fully residential as per the Directorate General of Shipping norms, requiring all the trainees to reside in-house. The course will cover all aspects of the seafaring profession (Deck and Engine), which also includes swimming, physical drills, workshop training, rope and mast climbing, life-saving, firefighting exercises and ship visits etc. Pre-Sea Training for Ratings will also include the following basic STCW 2010 courses:
- Proficiency in Survival Techniques
- Elementary First Aid
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
For more detail, contact +91 8181900008
- Dates of commencement of the course: Courses shall commence on the first working day of January and July every year.
- Last Date for the Submission of Application: Application/Admission Form will be accepted till one day before the commencement of the course.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission:
- 10th standard pass from government recognized board with subjects English, Mathematics & Science with 40% aggregate. English 40% in Xth / XIIth OR
- 12th standard (any stream) pass from government recognized board with 40%aggregate. English 40% in Xth or XIIth but with subjects English, Mathematics & Science in Xth. OR
- Pass in 2-year ITI course ( Fitter/ Machinist/ Mechanic/ Welder/ Turner) approved by DVET/ NCVT; with minimum 40% aggregate marks in final year of ITI & minimum 40% in English in Xth / XIIth.
- Admission will depend on clearing the Online Assessment at Various Locations (Dates to be notified to Interested Candidates on Website) or Written Assessment at the Academy.
- Interview (To be physically given at the Academy)
Minimum age 17.5 years and maximum age 25 years on the date of commencement of course.
(Age Limit- 27 years, A relaxation of 2 years in the upper age limit, over and above the age limit of 25 years for candidates holding a degree or a diploma is provided by DGS Training Circular no. 10 of 2019)
(Age Limit- 30 years, A relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit, over and above the age limit of 25 years to the candidate belonging to SC/ST of any part of the country is provided by DGS Training Circular no. 4 of 2014)
A medical check-up will be arranged by us before confirming admission. Standards as per M.s (Medical Examination for seafarers) Rules 2000 as
amended from time to time.
Final Exit Examination:
A mid-term examination (written, oral & practical) will be conducted halfway through the training by the academy.
At the end of the 6 months course, trainees will have to appear for final examinations, conducted by the Board of Examination for Seafarers (BES).
Issuance of CDC & Course Certificates:
After completing the Pre-Sea Training (G.P.) and STCW’2010 Basic Safety Courses, the successful trainees are eligible to get the Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) from the Shipping Master, Government of India. The Academy will procure the CDC of passed out candidates and issue with all the other certificates.
On successful completion of this Pre-Sea training, the candidates will be able to join as a RATING in Indian & Foreign shipping companies as a Deck Crew or Engine Crew. There are vast job opportunities for our Indian Seamen all over the world.
Ratings are personnel who assist officers in all departments. Ratings are skilled seafarers who carry out essential tasks in the day-to-day running of the ship. A rating is also trained in fire prevention and sea survival skills. In an emergency, a rating helps to deal with hazardous incidents, for example, as a member of a fire-fighting party or fast rescue boat crew.
Steer the ship and assist the deck officer in other navigational duties. In port, they secure the ship to the dock, carry out maintenance and contribute to the security of the vessel.
Maintain shipboard machinery. They carry out routine oiling, greasing and servicing, and strip, repair and fit equipment parts. Experienced ratings help the engineering officers to monitor the main plant and other equipment to make sure it is run safely.
Rs. 2,25,000/- All inclusive
(This includes Documentation Charges, Tuition Fees, Hostel Fees, Mess Fees, Uniform Charges, Stationary Charges, Basic Safety Training Course Fees, Security Training for Seafarers Designated with Security Duties Course Fees and Library Charges)